Ever so often images of a home, a person, or piece of art come into my life, that simply put, rocks my world! It causes me to lose sleep as I pour over the details, dreaming of how I can incorporate elements of it into my life. Abigale Ahern’s home in London, is one of those. From the modern meets funky traditional furnishings, to the clusters of art & collected objects, this home is inspiring.
Lessons learned from Ahern’s home:
1. Be Bold. Paint a traditional piece of furniture a bright color that brings the piece alive again.
2. Cluster artwork & mix it up. Different styles of art and frames make a collection unique and interesting to view.
3. Personalize it. Infuse your space with you. Seems simple in theory, but so often homes lack the authentic touches of our lives and the things we treasure.
4. Bring the outdoors in. Plants, flowers, natural wood, windows and light are a must for a truly relaxing environment.
5. Create vignettes. Group objects together to create a gathering place of interest for collected treasures.